Membership of the Canterbury Jockey Club
We invite you to make application to the Canterbury Jockey Club for membership. Share with us the unique excitement that is Thoroughbred Racing. Once the domain of the elite, now we can all share in the growth of this global billion-dollar business.
Your Canterbury Jockey Club membership offers you outstanding privileges. You become a recognised contributing supporter and a participant in Club activities.
Members also participate in unique member only promotions such as the "Passport" promotion draw made in June and recieve options for discounted goods and services from both sponsors and the Club.
City and Young City Members
Receive Guaranteed Members’ tickets for the Racing Season:
- One Member's ticket
- Two Guest Tickets (Young City Members receive only one guest ticket)
- The Premier race meetings
- Grand National Racing Carnival
- New Zealand Cup Meeting
- 4th day of the “Autumn Racing Season”
Membership also includes:
- Complimentary admission to the course and use of Member's facilities in the Club Grandstand for all race meetings held at Riccarton Park
- Entrance tickets to all Riccarton Park race meetings, where an entrance fee applies.
- Complimentary parking in the Members' Carpark. (This does not refer to the Show Gate Reserved area).
- Use of the “Members Only” Beaumaris Room
- Reciprocal rights with various other racing Clubs in New Zealand and Australia (some conditions do apply)
- Preferential purchase of Cup Meeting Members’ tickets
- Preferential booking of Private Suites
- 10% discount on any confirmed non raceday booking at Riccarton Park Function Centre
- Members' Newsletter
- Special Members Only offers
- Note: Young Members are under 30 years
- All privileges apply to any other Clubs that race at Riccarton Park
These members receive similar privileges to City Members, but only for those racedates conducted by the wards of the Club:
- Canterbury Racing - Amberly
- Canterbury Racing - Hororata
- Canterbury Racing - Riccarton
- Canterbury Racing - North Canterbury
Become a Member
Membership applications for the 2015/2016 season opened on May 1 and closed on October 26 prior to the NZ Cup Meeting.
Two easy ways to become a member:
- Either, download (currently not available) our application form, fill it in and fax or post it back to us.
- Or click to apply online.
- You can also join NZ Cup and Show Week partner the Canterbury A & P Association - the Royal Show